Create a Strategy
When creating a strategy for your social media, think about these questions.
- Who do you want to talk to on social media? Who is your ideal client?
- What do you want to say on social media?
- What will successful social media look like for you?
Create Content in Bulk
Creating your social media content in bulk allows you to create your content when you are feeling creative and keeps you for having to wonder each day/week, what am I going to post today?
- Create and use a content calendar.
- Look at national days and important dates to your business and industry
- Talk about what’s happening in your business and industry
- Use theme days to help create content.
- Incorporate client reviews and answers to client questions.
Use Your Time Wisely
- When your creative juices are flowing, go with it and create when you are in the zone.
- Use scheduling tools to schedule the content you’ve created.
- This keeps your social media posting without you having to stop and post daily.
- Set aside time (preferably daily) to interact on social media.
Use Social Media Tools
Look at What's Working
Look at your insights on your social media platforms and see what is resonating with your followers.
Take notice of when your followers are engaging with you and post at those times.
Look at your competitors social media and see what posts are getting a lot of comments and likes.
Be Picky about Social Media Platforms
Learn what social media platforms your ideal client is on and get active on those platforms.
Look at your website analytics and see what platforms are driving traffic to your website and focus on those.
Start small, get active on 1 or 2 platforms and once you are comfortable with them, then you can add another.
Don’t be afraid to reuse posts (anything older than 6 months is fair game in my book).
Most people need to see something 3-4 times to remember it.
Look at your insights to see which posts got the most engagement, those are the posts you want to reuse.
Work Smarter Everyday
Start with the hard tasks – Eat that FROG!
Plan your day and work in sprints.
Write To Do Lists.
Block off time for yourself.